Your employees know they are there but, do they know how to use a fire extinguisher and the impact they could have on your business?
To highlight the effectiveness of extinguishers in the early stage of fire development, a UK study performed by FETA (Fire Extinguishing Trades Association) and IFEDA (Independent Fire Engineering and Distributors Association) reviewed over 2100 fire incidents and found that in 80% of the cases a portable fire extinguisher successfully extinguished the fire. A similar study was conducted by EUROFEU (European Committee of the Manufacturers of Fire Protection Equipment and Fire Fighting Vehicles) in 6 European countries which concluded very similar results.
However, using a fire extinguisher to tackle a fire involves a number of key skills. All of our Instructors are current serving fire service personnel and therefore,are experts in the field of fire behaviour and fire-fighting. As well as fulfilling your role as a responsible employer and complying with the RRO (2005), our Fire Extinguisher course will provide key benefits to your workplace:
• substantial increase in the effectiveness of any fire fighting that occurs within the workplace
• ensuring your staff act in a way that prioritises the safety of themselves and others
• creating an atmosphere in which employees are confident in their abilities to assess and fight fires
• training employees to act quickly and appropriately resulting in a reduction of risk to employees and to your business
• tailored and specific to the types of fire that are likely to occur within your particular environment
The course integrates with the EFS ltd Level 2 Fire Safety Principles course and includes training on both the selection of and use of the different types of fire extinguisher and, the course is delivered as a separate EFS Ltd certificate of attendance for any person(s) who may need to use a fire extinguisher in the event of a fire and have attended a fire awareness course.
Course duration: 2 hrs.
Assessment method: None
Award: Certificate of Attendance
Pre-requisite: None, although basic fire safety awareness to Level 1 standard is recommended